Saturday, October 4, 2008

More freshers fun, this time with paperwork (boo!)

Evenin' again!

Its been another hectic 3 days in the life of a fresher! Wednesday was a bit of a late day for me - the party on Tuesday night at the guild was great, despite the uselessness of Skepta not turning up. I spent the night with my new friends :) from flat 0 (they should know who they are if they're reading...). We spent most of thetime in Einsteins, which was great! Even though I wasn't intending on drinking, I had a couple of pints, which seemed to help improve the "fun-ness" of the night...

Wednesday saw the "school daze" pub crawl, which (being the type who cannot stand dressing up) I didn't attend...though judging by the renditions of "We love you Aston" as those that did got back to the guild (including one group who specially adapted the chorus to "We love you Lakeside", which I quite liked :) ) the night was well recieved by those who did go :). Annoyingly I didn't manage to get any of the paper and administration work I needed to get dione today...Which included getting my campus card to actually let me into Lakeside, as apparenly it's supposed to...

I managed to get all my paperwork done on Thursday though, and so now I've got everything done and am pretty much ready to go :) (except I still need coat hangers and can't find any anywhere...) 

The comedy night on Thursday was absolutely brilliant! we had 3 comedians who were all great - I'm not entirely sure they even managed to get any of their set into the night....the people in the front rows did an excellent job of embarassing themselves in favour of the entertainment of everybody else! I also went on my first taster session of the week on thursday! I went climbing with the Aston Mountaineering group, which was absolutely brilliant fun! I'll definately be signing up at the Freshers fair tomorrow! (sorry for the excessive use of the exclamation marks there, I quite like climbing). I also met some really great new people...

Friday was a bit of a rubbish day for me :( I had some random illness that basically meant I felt rubbish all day (and most of the night)...this unfortunately meant that I did nothing all day and missed the big party (which was originally planned to be in my flat but moved to floor 0 'cause they have more space) as well as the 118 ball (which is about the only fancy dress party I'd planned on attending in some time....) - apparently the party was great, which just makes it a bit more of a bummer that I missed it :(

Either way, life moves on and I felt much better when I woke up at 11:45 this morning...I went to the basketball taster sesstion in the afternoon (and ended up entirely shattered, I don't know if I want to join at £20 for the year now...), then going (well, trying to) climbing with a brilliant new friend  met at climbing on thursday...sadly we had to pay for the climbing wall and had no money so that idea didn't really work, so we went into town instead...I was going to go to the MOS night at the guild tonight but ended up not bothering as I don't have a ticket or any cash to buy said ticket....

Oh well, tomorrow is the freshers fair so I guess I'll meet a load of new people there...I can't decide what to sign up for though...so far I've got RAG (because its free...) and Aston Mountaineering and maybes on Tennis, Squash, Badminton (spotted a pattern yet?), Table Tennis, and Basketball - might go for the Biscuit Society too...

Oh well, 'till next time,

Andrew

1 comment:

harrycoates said...

best society has to be COCKSOC.... cocktail society! (i'm another aston blogger! been a bit lapse on it recently though!)